Hey - I know its almost time to venture to the off limits part of the house, yup the Living Room! Why do we have these fancy shmancy spaces where nobody relaxes in. But we sure are proud of how they look! Ok here are Designer Paramedic 5 tips to ensure that formal living room becomes, 'the place to be' over Christmas - and you don't have a cardiac!
- add some ambiance other than the Christmas Tree! Have music playing in the background, puts people at ease,
- add a few small posies of flowers & candles to the tables, maybe some non messy finger foods, provide fun holiday napkins!
- if you are a coaster freak....which is fine! I love a good coaster throughout the year....have them pre-set and don't offer your guest one. That just makes them feel on edge. Even better add a festive runner to that table!
- Let there be LIGHT! Open the curtains and sheers.....like you always do! Don't turn on all your lights to full, just a few to set the tone, not an interrogation!
- add a faux fir throw to a sofa, bring in a footstool that is ok to put your feet up and some floor pillows to the area rug to bring cozy & comfort. As the wee ones gather about.
By using these tips you are being proactive to Function of the space,setting the MOOD, and living out loud in Harmony - the principals of design!
A wise person once said, what good is it in life if we are surrounded by precious items that we don't use. Everyday is special and we should use our special things with that mindset. I concur!!!! Be proud of your Living Room share that feeling with guests........
Merry Merry - Cheers,
Mantra.....Live Outside the BOX